4 Wines Under $20 for March Madness
Jessica Altieri - Chicago Wine Tasting
St. Patricks Day is all about the green. Wine Channel TV loves to save some "green" during March Madness Week.
These are great wines for the value! When you’re looking for a wine for everyday of the week while you’re just relaxing at home or hanging with friends, you don’t have to break the bank to get a good bottle of wine.These are four great spring time sippers and all are under $20 dollars each!
Brancott Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2012, Marlborough New Zealand
- Crisp White Wine - Spring time in a bottle!
- The Grassy aromas reminds me of springtime and being back in New Zealand…a must visit where they’re known for their bright Sauv Blancs!
- Filled with juicy grapefruit, passion fruit, gooseberry and tropical notes on the palate with a crisp finish!
- Perfect beach, salad and seafood wine…bring on the oysters, white fish, and grilled chicken salads!
Mulderbosch Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé 2013
- Reminds me of a bright juicy watermelon you’d eat in warmer weather!
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon rosé from the Central Coast of South Africa- perfect aperitif, picnic and porch sipper wine!
- This wine is perfect for when you want that white wine refreshing crisp feeling... but with the slight muscle of a red wine.
- Mulderbosch Rosé was one of the very first of its kind from South Africa. Most people think of France with Rosé, but you should put South Africa on your radar!
- Upon arrival at the cellar, these early picked, specially selected grapes are vinified in the same manner in which an aromatic white wine would be, with the aim of producing a fresh, aromatic style of Rosé.
- Bright watermelon pink hue makes you instantly think of spring! Ripe blood orange, cherry and strawberry aromas and flavors, with citrus and white pepper notes on the vibrant finish.
- Salmon, salads, turkey, Thai, sushi and fresh fruit are winning pairings!
Ravenswood Vintners Blend Old Vine Zinfandel 2012
- Zesty California Zin- your go to BBQ & Burger wine!
- Made by the Godfather of Zin, Joel Peterson who’s not only smart being the son of two chemists, but definitely knows his zins! Produces many high and low end zins, but this is a perfect everyday wine sipping on the couch!
-This Robust Zin is filled with spicy raspberry, boysenberry and black cherry notes with a long mouthwatering finish!
- Ribs, Burgers, and other spicy meats, along with hearty pastas with tomato sauce make killer pairings!
Jam Jar Sweet White 2011
- Sweet dessert wine; heaven at the end of the meal & ladies night out!
- 100% Muscat from Western Cape, South Africa. Many great, wallet friendly wines from there that you should check out!
- It’s filled with sweet peach, apricot, mango and even pineapple aromas and flavors, with a crispness to it that gives the wine a perfect juicy finish!
- Great on its own…but even better poured over some fresh fruit with a dollop of whipped cream! Or a tasty, refreshing contrast to spicy Thai food!
Cheers to spring!