It's not a night out in Chicago without a taste of one of these local elixirs. The wine selection in this town is impeccable, but these particular pours are worth a special celebration.
Try a bottle (or two, or three) of these angelic whites for your next indulgent night out.
1. Rootstock Wine & Beer Bar: Michel Gahier "Les Crets" Chardonnay (Arbois, Jura, France)
That's right. This knockout bottle spent the past decade primping and polishing for your tasting pleasure.
2. D.O.C. Wine Bar: King Estate Pinos Gris (Willamette Valley, Oregon)
From the luscious forests of western Oregon comes this juicy favorite.
3. Vera Restaurant & Wine Bar: Pierre Bonnet Val De Loire Chenin Blanc (Saumur, France)
Crisp, refreshing, and perfect for pairing with your favorite vegetable dish.
4. Bin 36: Weinkellerei H. Lun "Albertus Cantina Vini" Gewurztraminer (Sudtirol-Alto Adige, Italy)
Come and savor one of the most poignant flavors you'll ever experience.
5. Ampersand Wine Bar: Fernlands Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, New Zealand)
Got a taste for island life? Known for its impeccable Sauvignon Blancs, this region of New Zealand is a hidden treasure for winos everywhere.
6. Enolo Wine Cafe: Nautilas, Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)
Another gem from the Southern Hemisphere, this Sauv. Blanc is a people-pleaser.
7. DiSotto Enoteca: Nuevo Mundo Sauvignon Blanc (Maipo Valley, Chile)
Chilean wines are the unsung heroes of vino and this delicacy from Maipo Valley never disappoints.
8. Boarding House: Balthasar Ress Riesling (Rheingau, Germany)
A Riesling is a Riesling is a Riesling. If you're looking for a sweet escape with a little kick to it, this one is for you.
9. J9 Wine Bar: Chateau Montelena Chardonnay (Napa Valley, California)
Of course, it's not a white wine list without a splendid Chardonnay. Ordering without a menu never tasted so good.
10. 404 Wine Bar: Biohof Pratsch Grüner Veltliner (Austria)
Truly, this Grüner Veltliner is a mouthful to say and to sip.